Xornadas de creación e investigación Illa de San Simón at flickr
The first workshop, Noisy circuits, introduction to sound electronics, addressed the construction of contact microphones using a piezoelectric transducer, self powered binaural microphones using electret capsules and a Nand 4093 audio synthesizer. You can find some references and tutorials about the technology used in this workshop below.
- Microphone tutorial (Paula Pin)
- Microphone tutorial (Xoan Xil)
- Escoitar performance using contact microphones
- Tips for making field recordings
- Other workshops by Paula Pin
- 4093 NAND Synth (synthesizer assembled during the workshop)
- 4093 NAND Synth video
The second workshop, SoftCircuits; thermochromic ink, was oriented towards developing small artistic prototypes using thermochromic ink activated by an electronic circuit. Nevertheless, the first day was spent building simple circuits that would switch on and off LEDs, and experimenting with materials commonly used in Wearable Technology (conductive yarns and fabrics, copper tape, semi-resistive ink, etc.). This was intended so the students could fully understand the principles involving their projects before working with thermochromic ink. You can also find references about this workshop below.
- SCRAPYARD CHALLENGE AND SOFT CIRCUITS: INTRODUCING ELECTRONIC HARDWARE DESIGN AND ELECTRONICS TO ARTISTS AND DESIGNERS WITHIN AN EDUCATIONAL SETTING, K. Moriwaki, P. Guimerans, C. Elguero, J. Brucker-Cohen. (Abstract)
- Interactive Painting Techniques
- How to get what you want
- Open Materials
- Soft Circuits
- Sérigraphie Électronique